Alena Savonenko, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Savonenko's research interests include: neurobiological mechanisms of learning and memory, animal behavioral models, and neurobiological mechanisms of normal aging and neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer's disease.
- LaClair KD, Manaye KF, Lee DL, Allard JS, Savonenko AV, Troncoso JC, Wong PC. Treatment with bexarotene, a compound that increases apolipoprotein-E, provides no cognitive benefit in mutant APP/PS1 mice. Mol Neurodegener 2013; 8: 18.
- Melnikova T, Fromholt S, Kim H, Lee D, Xu G, Price A, Moore B, Golde T, Felsenstein K, Savonenko A. Borchelt D. Reversible pathologic and cognitive phenotypes in an inducible model of Alzheimer-amyloidosis. J Neurosci 2013; 33: 3765-3779.
- Tabatadze N, Savonenko A, Song H, Banaru V, Chu M, Haughey N. Inhibition of neutral sphingomyelinase-2 perturbs brain sphingolipid and spatial memory in mice. J Neurosci Res 2010 88: 2940-2951.
- Oh ES, Savonenko AV, King JF, Fangmark Tucker S, Rudow GL, Xu G, Borchelt DR, Troncoso JC. Amyloid precursor protein increases cortical neuron size in transgenic mice. Neurobiol Aging 2009; 30:1238-1244.
- Savonenko A, Melnikova T, Laird F, Stewart K, Price D, Wong P. Alteration of BACE-1-dependent NRG1/ErbB4 signaling and schizophrenia-like phenotypes in BACE-1 null mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci, 2008; 105: 5585-5590.
Primary Appointment in Pathology